Tuesday 12 May 2009

Transitioning

My last relaxer was in Nov 08 and I've been transitioning every since, due to a very busy schedule at first and then having read a lot about it, made the conscious decision not to put any more chemicals on my head. So I'm transitioning for good and my hair type is 4b (see my hair type). My plan is to keep micro braiding my hair as a protective style for at least 3 years (and just redo them every 7 weeks or so) , I'm also considering trying BKT (Brazilian Keratin Treatment), as the results looks pretty fantastic.

I'm hoping that by using BKT I won't have to trim my relaxed ends and therefore will keep having a good length. My hair is currently at APL.

I transitioned once before from 2001 to end of 2004. At that time, I had my braid done in at the hairdresser (she was really heavy handed with my new growth, so much so that she often sent me on the verge of tears - which is why this time, I braid my hair MYSELF) every 2 months and each time I would trim (MYSELF) my relaxed end before getting new braids. After the 3 1/2 years, my hair was 100% natural and it was at BSL, then of course, silly girl aka me could not resist the appeal of the white smelly cream...yes, I relaxed my hair, retained my length for a good 6 months and ....

So here I am again... What I do now:

  • Deep condition as often as I can, use a plastic cap with or without heat and keep at least 20 minutes
  • Baggy almost every nights
  • Take my vitamins
What I don't do:

Comb dry hair, I always, always comb hair while wet and saturated with conditioner (when I'm not wearing braids).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.