Friday 3 April 2009

My products

My Staple

The most important product in my staple you will be happy to hear is Free and it's called water, because I live in London and the water is a little hard, I use a Brita water filter but this is not compulsory, I just like the idea of drinking filtered pure water, since I drink so much of it.

Getting my products

I get my products online for 3 reasons:

- I do not enjoy going to afro hair shops, most of them are managed by non-afo people, who keeps talking in their language probably talking about me, they are rude, they follow you like you’re a thief, not helpful when you ask question. Considering that I’m the one feeding their family, I expect a much, much better service, so I chose to not give them my custom.

- I’m not tempted by all the other products I see and there for don’t spend to much time getting my products.

- I don’t have to carry them as they get delivered to my door for free.

Which is why I get my products here. The following ingredients are awful for ethnic or African American hair, not only stifling African American and Ethnic hair’s health, true texture, and hair growth, but also harmful to the body.

Very important

1) Isopropyl Alcohol: Dries and Breaks African American or Ethnic hair. It is found in color rinses, anti-freeze.

2) Mineral Oil/ Petrolatum: Is used as a moisturiser in African American or Ethnic hair care products; however, it coats African American or Ethnic hair and actually prevents moisture from getting into the thirsty hair. It is a derivative of crude oil and a cheap industrial grease component. It also prevents the release of toxins from Afro hair and alters the skin respiration by preventing oxygen release.

3) Polyethylene Glycol (PEG): Strips Afro hair of critical moisture.4) Propylene Glycol (PG): An active component in many Afro hair care products, make up, lotions, mouthwashes, and deodorant, PG is the active component of anti-freeze and actually deteriorates the protein and cellular structure of our hair. Protein is what our hair needs to thrive.

5) Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)/ Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) : A cheap foaming and thickening agent that strips our hair of moisture and causes skin and scalp irritation. 95% of all hair shampoos contain this ingredient or a derivative. Avoid it completely if you can; TEA lauryl is just as bad, if not worse. Do not be fooled by the use of the word TEA. Shampooing our hair with a product that contains these can lead to the absorption of excessive nitrates.

6) Diethanolamine (DEA), Momoethnanolamine (MEA), Triethanolamine (TEA) : Usually listed as an ingredient containing a neutralizing compound, i.e. as Cocamide DEA or Lauramide DEA, repeated skin applications of DEA-based detergents are known to form cancer causing nitrates.

List of my products

My stapple

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.