Wednesday 19 September 2012

99p relaxer in the United Kingdom...real or fake?

I just read this article from the Natural Lounge Blog and thought it was ver important to share, the consequences could be disastrous. Please read on.

 

Would you buy a 99p relaxer?





I already know the answer to my opening question ‘would you buy a 99p relaxer?’ in reality most of you wouldn't as you have natural hair but let me tell you this little story.

Last summer I got an email from someone saying that I should warn my readers about the fake relaxers out there. Well I didn’t. I didn’t know the person, didn’t have any information on the source and didn’t want to spread fear, gossip or lies. I thanked them and ignored it.

Then just before Naturally Fabulous a well known professional in the hair industry more or less told me the same thing. They had heard from an Indian source that ‘black women put anything on their hair’ so inside some of these Relaxer kit were just a cocktail of harmful chemicals, they do the trick but they are much cheaper to produce. They even told me that some have been seized at customs.

Now again didn’t have any paperwork, information or anything that could verify these claims so I didn’t say a thing but I am noticing something. Home Relaxer kit are becoming cheaper than ever! I have seen them in my local shops for £2 and Crystal Afro spotted some in Darlston for £0.99.

At first I thought this was because more and more people are not buying relaxers anymore and they are just trying to get rid of them. Then yesterday I started thinking ‘what if?’ Could it be that these boxes have lots of junk inside? Could these be some of the fake ones packed with unknown/dangerous chemicals? How could they produce and sell it so cheaply and still make a profit?

Results like this could be blamed on a 'bad reaction'
but if it was the product how could we ever prove it?


It really is food for thought readers.

Let’s hope that one of these kits never goes near a child’s head!

 

Buy Genuine Relaxer kit here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.